Sunday, November 29, 2009

Moved to Sunset Valley

I saved all our sims to the sim bin as a household without the houses.
I want to say that whether the fix is permanent or not is yet to be seen but: After moving all the families to SV, I went into one of the houses and sent a child to plan outfit. I changed his shoes and some shorts he was wearing. He DID NOT age backward. Hopefully that little problem is fixed by starting a new game. It did take a minute for their features to clear up when I first entered the household. That's understandable since I just put 16 families, couples and singles in the town.

They did keep their jobs but of course they will have to make friends again. They don't know anyone outside their family right now. I forgot to check skills but feel sure they still have them.

I did not delete any of the SV pre-mades. Believe me, there are no more than a couple of empty houses left so I am sure some sims will be dying or moving out of town.

I still haven't added Wyatt, Marta and Myra. I'll be doing that before I start playing the town.
I can not say at this time whether or not I'll be entering all the sims houses again or not, because there are so many. I will be sure to take pics of them when I see them. I do know some have aged to child now.

I made a list of who went into which house, if anyone wants to know. I started with the largest familes and made sure they had enough room, then the couples and then the singles.

We may lose a sim or two because I didn't check for fire alarms. I also didn't check for burglar alarms. I did go to each house before adding the sims and make sure they all had at least one crib with teddy, a block table, a peg box and a Xylophone.

The houses that have more than one floor have toys on every floor so the poor little ones don't get stuck on a floor with nothing to do.

I did not use the free realestate cheat this time as they all had enough $'s for the homes.

Now I'm going to go add Wyatt and family to the mix.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a guinea pig. I'll be anxious to see if the fix is permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have Myra and Wyatt plan outfit and see if they age back. It won't be so bad if they age back as it will be if Myra ages back again.

    I now have them in a house.
    Still see no furniture in the other houses nearby.
    They still have their inventory, skills and jobs.

    This little guinea pig is having fun....so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can safely change Indiana Sam, Rachel and Laura because that was a fresh copy of Sam's neighborhood. I did change Rachel once but since she's not aged too much yet, it's hard to tell if the age glitch hit.

    But it will be great to know if starting a fresh neighborhood is a definite fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes see furniture in other houses and sometimes I don't. The glitch that is annoying me the most right now is the fishbowl glitch that I get in camera mode.

    Go go, Guinea Pig!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick comment and I'm back to the game again.
    I haven't tried camera mode. I just snap the pic.

    If they ever wake up I'll change their clothes and see what happens. I've been busy fixing up the house.

    They do still have all their rewards and reward points.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to report that it did not work. It is working different on different sims. Wyatt was about 7 days older than Marta. Now he is 1 day older. Marta's age didn't change. I, tried it with Myra and she did have 8 days until aging. She now has 13 days until aging. It didn't take her all the way back, but almost. Darn.
    Oh well, they are in a busier town now. The good news is Wyatt needs 1more skill point to max athletic and he can now take a class again. Marta needs either 2 or 3 and she can now take a class again. That's going to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had it backwards. Wyatt ended up one day younger than Marta.

    They went to work with no problems. They have a good, believe it or not, female sitter.

    Sims are everwhere now.

    I checked edit town view before shutting the game down and didn't see any move ins or move outs. I also didn't see any new babies or pregnancies among our sims. I'll keep checking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dee, do you add additional houses to the empty lots?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only added a two or three houses for our sims. I think I added a couple from the house bin and I added Sue's Lillehave. I counted 4 empty houses in SV when I finished.

    My JJ Jamison is living in Lillihave.
    Come to think of it, I only actually played for about two sim days. I suppose there hasn't been time for anything to happen.

    I spent most of the time getting them settled in and working on the house.

    They both received the day they moved in off from work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrysame, I have that same fishbowl effect with the camera, but only with outside shots. It is very annoying!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.