Monday, April 25, 2011

Day Eleven - Favorite Sim Living in your Neighborhood that You Did Not Create

This was going to be easy cause there aren't many of the pre-made Sims that I really care about.
Then Kaleeko brought up an imported Sim - the lovely Marta Tomasi. And that changed the character of this entirely.

There are so many of my imported Sims that I love for one reason or another. Every male Sim abused in this Sammy story was added because they are special to me. I am particularly grateful to Chrysame, Dee, Sue_d_nim and Kaleeko for their Sims.

In the end, it comes down to two and I have a hard time picking between them.

One would be Rachel Thorpe from Sue_d_nim


Rachel is particular special for her partnership with Indiana Sam. They raised 5 children, including triplets, they both topped their careers and they are the founders of my favorite Grant clan. Rachel proved she truly was a great match for Sam when she won his heart a second time during his bachelor challenge.

The second special is

Kaleeko's Bradley Kane - as specially married to Emerald Greenwood Kane

Brad and Em were done to be neighbors in one of my stories in the hopes that we'd get at least one Kane/Grant marriage out of it. There may still be multiples...time will tell.

Brad and Em with the three kids are also background Sims in one other game and Brad with original family is in yet another. Obviously a Sim I hold dear.





Sue's favorite

Well, it turned out to be hard for me. I love so many of our sims. But upon reflection there's one that I truly adore. He never got much screen time, and he never did anything notable. Worse yet, he's not even one or ours! Blasphemy! I got him off the exchange. I'm talking about Ronnie Rausage from Slices of Life.


Poor old Ronnie. He's ill favored in almost every way. He's not classically handsome, he's tubby, he's shy and neurotic, he doesn't make friends easily. But he's ... completely lovable. He's cuddly and easy going and sweet and I want to hug him. I cheered when he finally got himself a girlfriend, even though he never took it any farther and didn't spend much time with her. He got the best looking guy in the neighboorhood to be best friends with him right off the bat, he got himself a responsible job, and when he's not having a panic attack he's very happy and takes care of his needs and wants pefectly well without me.

I thought of starting a game based around Ronnie, but I'm afraid his personality would be different, especially if I'm controlling him.

11 comments:

  1. Awww--I vaguely remember Rachel from a bachelor challenge, I think. Very cute! I can understand why she'd be special.

    Really, who couldn't love Brad?! He's a heart stealer everywhere. ;D Really though, I can definitely tell you love him, with the amount of games you've dropped him in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have threatened to go back to the start of the World Adventures of the Grant family. And you can't miss Rachel if you do. She and Sammy were quite the pair.

    I guess someone might not love Brad. But that someone isn't me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amelia.

    Woah, Rachel was in post 2 of Indiana Sam and they were almost a couple by the end of the post

    I don't rush romance quite so quick any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it! I knew it would be Rachel. :D Your fondest for her really showed in your writing. She was Sammy's "The One Sim."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, Chrysame, Indiana Sam would never have been the same without Rachel. And without the two of them, some of our favorite Grants never would have been. Indy, Jack, Rick, Phillip, Jerod...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor Rachel! Couldn't you find a less flattering screenshot of her? ;)

    She and Sammie did have the classic love affair of the ages. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I had really tried, I'm sure I could have. LOL But how was I to know that Rachel's mom would pop by and it was easy to find this one.

    Sammy and Rachel did have a wonderful time together. And a batch of kids as lovely as they come.

    Have you seen the great grands? Penny Grant reminds me a lot of Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Ronnie did seem kind of lovable, to say the least.

    Drat, none of my Sims made anyone's list...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Penny is a ringer for Rachel! What a thrill to see her in the pics. I still can't get over my Rachel being the co-founder of such an incredble dynasty. I'm so proud! *sniffs and swallows something in her throat*

    I have a lot of Grant family reading to catch up on, and I'm going to indulge myself and start over from the very beginning. I should be caught up in about another year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sue,

    If you are only reading Grants, it might not take a year. :)

    Yes, Rachel is the co-founder of one of my pet families. I really adored Phillip and next time round, Penny will be taking up the family journal.

    That Grant family is quite large and well-spread across the hood. And Rachel's hair colour can still be found - I'm not sure if any of the great grands have Sammy's hair. But I haven't checked all of them closely enough.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.