Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 3 - Your favorite neighborhood (EA, downloaded, or self-made)

Post away when you feel like it

Nicarra60/PiB

My actual favorite of all time was Bluewater Village in Sims 2. I loved that little extension to Pleasantview. I built homes and businesses there until I could find no more valid places to put new buildings. I built a lot more for Sims 2 - possibly because I wasn't trying to create content for so many blogs then. :)

In Sims 3, the only neighborhood I dislike is Bridgeport. Not much room for Sim families and too much emphasis on night life. I am a bit bored of Sunset Valley because I've done so much there. I like pirates so I'm fine with the residents of Barnacle Bay. Twinbrook has the punniest names for some Sims. Riverview is just fine.



Kaleeko's Fave-or-it Town

More Rambly about it Here



Amelia's Favorite 'Hood

I have a lot of favorite neighborhoods, to be honest. It varies by game. In Sims 2, I really liked Belladonna Cove and Bluewater Village. In Sims 3, however, I only have one favorite EA hood, and that's Twinbrook. I really like the country feel and the swamps and the gorgeous scenery. I've always liked small towns more than big ones, having grown up in a big city and moved to a small town myself. Riverview and Sunset Valley are rather plain, to me, and don't have a lot of "character." And don't even get me started on Bridgeport. As a concept, I love the idea of a big grimy city. But I hate how there's no room to put anything else you make in, not a lot of empty apartments to start with, etc. And the premade houses are fugly. 




Sue D. Nim


I still like Sunset Valley. It feels more compact to me, so it's easier to get everyplace. And I love Central Park. My favorite of all is the expanded Sims 1 neighborhood from Unleashed, the one with the college professor's house. I used to load up that household and just sit there and watch those siamese cats for hours.

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely regarding Bridgeport, PiB. I don't think I got through a sim life there. I did like several of the residents but it's easy to save them to the bin/port them over. Near the end of my playtime, I grew fond of Twinbrook. It took a while but it grew on me.

    I wonder if there will be another town available with Generations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I like about Bridgeport is the big city feel (obviously it's useful for my SILC story, hehe). I hated the celebrity stuff and was meh on the vampire stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... I really dislike Bridgeport, too. There are SOME things I liked, but, not enough worth mentioning. ;)

    Unfortunately, from everything I've read it looks like Generations won't be coming with a new town. *sulk*. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phooey. But, it's coming with all sorts of other nifty stuff. My daughter wants it. I might try out her disk and see if I want to give it a spin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reinstalling Sims. I've downloaded Riverside and BB. They don't show up as a selection when I start Sims. The files look good.
    What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrysame, does any other downloaded content show up?

    If you had a backup DCcache, might be time to blow it away and start over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is a *totally* stupid question, but after you downloaded you did "install" the towns, correct? I've had blonde moments like that where I forgot, so double check in your 'installed content' tab or whatever.

    If that's not the problem, follow PiB's advice and delete the DCCache file in your Sims 3 Doc's folder. (You may even need to delete ALL your cache files) And if THAT isn't the problem, you may need to re-install the towns... Though hopefully it's just something minor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I added my image to this challenge. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything shows as installed. I can even view the file. And the houses and store content I downloaded show up in game.

    I even moved the files to the Installed Worlds folder thinking that was the problem. No go.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.