Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 2 - A house you built

Post your responses here or in the comments

Nicarra60's last house

The house was on an unused block in Twinbrook. Limitations of the build was that the house was for starter Sims, so we ran out of money pretty quickly.

The initial build from above

So we had two bedrooms, two baths, the minimum amount of kitchen stuff required. The walls were not painted and the stuff from bath 2 was sold pretty quickly so the Sims had some cash.

As time went on and the Sims started to earn money, the house was being renovated. The kitchen moved, got bigger with nicer items. They got a desk and some living room furniture. The walls inside and out were painted. And as families grow and change, I do renovate existing structures to meet their needs. I'd have to go back to that game if you want pics of how it is at this point in time. It would have to change again soon, one bedroom has to be converted to a nursery.

My best renovation work was on Mosquito Cove, a tiny little shack that a Sam Grant lived in. I forget which clone number it was but his children were Brooke and John Edward Grant (Art Flows Through). It was quite a cute little house when the family moved to Barnacle Bay.

Addition
I forgot about this one.

This was the nursery in the Goth household. Even though I don't play the family, (it's part of the SV Times blog) I couldn't stand the idea of poor little Seth being stuck here


And I spent a few minutes upgrading the room to

which could use more but was time well spent.


The House Kaleeko Built




The Only House Amelia Will Ever Build


Click here to see the rest.



Next up?





Okay, I'll go next.

My favorite house is the first really decadent one I built in Sims 1, where I went wild with the money cheat and the cc - back when cc was free and gorgeous and made by really talented people. It was a huge, white colonial mansion with all the luxury I could cram into it.

But my favorite building of my own creation is still The Corner Pub. They've made it easier than ever for builders, especially builders of community lots, but I got a real sense of satisfaction out of getting around the limitations in the "olden days," when you had to figure out how to use cheats like moveobjects to create what you wanted, and force it to recognize a community lot that would attract lots of sims.


(click for a quick tour)

15 comments:

  1. So I have proven that a) I don't build Simselves and b) I don't do great homes either. But the homes I do build work well as far as the Sims are considered, they can go everywhere they need to easily. There are always windows, doors, light fixtures, the basic furniture they will need.

    I do slowly redesign and redecorate as they need and can afford it. I keep thinking that someday, I'll start with an interesting looking real life house plan and see how it goes but so far...nope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All it takes is patience and a looooot of time in CAS making things match. I think I spent about a week on Brad's house. XD

    I'm surprised you didn't show Phillip and Vanessa's house though, it's got a really interesting layout and structure! I like it!

    But, when you don't do something a lot, you're never too wonderful at it. Can't say that either of us do a terrible lot of building and/or simmaking. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of Phillip and Vanessa's house was pre-built.

    What I did do was add the second story for the boys. There was one little room up there. I added two bedrooms and a nice bath so the boys had space away from their new twin sisters.

    I added a few more ways in and out - one at the side so they didn't have to go out the main door and walk all the way around to get to the side yard. And stairs to under the house so I had a place for the new hot tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, gotcha. I guess I didn't recognize it because I haven't played SV in so long, but I think I know the house now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh group blooog.

    Your houses are so cute! /flail

    I don't really build Simselves either, PiB! I'm much more of a decorator. But I love your chosen traits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Amelia, welcome to the group blog.

    It went really quiet for quite a while so this little challenge should help.

    BTW - the house I posted here was used in the last short story - that's Jerod and Tania asleep in separate beds. They didn't really keep that up for long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaleeko, 4 bedrooms and a nursery? How many kids are they going to have? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. *snickers*! Well, there's the main bedroom for Brad and Alesha, then there's Lilobot's "bedroom", a guest bedroom, and a kid's bedroom... But I'm going to be redoing it all as Margo grows up.

    I'm not saying how many kids they'll have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Except that you once swore to me they'd never have more than two kids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never knooowwww... *whistle* ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna see Kaleeko tackle triplets.

    I have a deep cruel streak. :)

    At least I've done them twice over *and* had Sammy do a toddler challenge so you can't say it's something I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is noooo way I'd tackle triplest. It'd be one thing if I was just doing it as a challenge because, like... whatever. Just *playing* a large family doesn't bother me. But creating their stories, setting up nice screenshots... It gets more complicated and frustrating the more sims there are. ;D 5 sim families is my max, I think!

    So your deep cruel streak... Nooottt gonna get me with that one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, work on Adventures with Sims bios or the next Sammy post? Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will never. Ever. Ever. Try. Triplets.

    Mark my words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your words are marked. :) With big red letters.

    But I will say that if you have had a couple of sets of twins, triplets aren't really much harder. Send one parent in the night to feed and cuddle all babies. Send the other at another time to change diapers and cuddle. As toddlers, potty training takes priority. Make sure you have multiples of the toddler toys. And use both parents when you can.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.