Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 17 - Your favorite “special” Sim species

I am officially skipping Day 16. I don't have any background music playing when Simming. Couldn't do it for Sims 2 and never developed the habit with Sims 3.

So my favorite special Sim species

Sims 2 Witch/warlock. They had good and evil versions. Each had unique and potentially useful spells. They could make new objects and potions. It's really the only species that I had multiple individuals and no intention of reverting them.

Second would be the vampires. I've always had a soft spot for vampires and both Sims 2 vampires and Sims 3 have a few interesting features. Plus they don't sparkle in day (not fond of Twilight vampires, I'm old school with my blood suckers.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about background music. I want to hear the auditory clues from the Sims sound effects, and music interferes with that. Besides, if I'm going to have some low music playing, what's wrong with the Sims soundtrack itself? I want to focus on the game, not on karaoke to my favorite tunes - and that's what would happen.

    I never played any other humanoid species, save once when I made a green skinned sim and pretended he was an alien, to see if he could repopulate the town with his own green-skinned offspring. I gave up when he kept fathering normal children.

    So for me, the favorite species are dog and cat. I'm anxiously awaiting the expansion pack that will bring pets to Sims 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having only played Sims 3 I can't really answer this question. I haven't played a vamp, yet. I guess I'll wait and see if they add anything new somewhere down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sue Well, I suppose you could interpret question 16 as which Sims 3 music you like best. But I'm kind of tired of all of it, my Sims don't get stereos any more.

    But didn't you have a playable ghost once? That is a species by the definition of the question. :)

    @chrysame - lots of people would have the answer of none. Not many actually try out the various possible Sim types. I still haven't tried mummy or playable ghost at all. Tried Simbot (3) and Servo (2) but don't enjoy the way Sims does robots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh! Good old Wyatt. Or Wayne. Or whatever his name was. My goofy, mischevious live-in ghost buddy. How could I have forgotten? Okay, he takes the position of favorite. He always amused the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never did get Apartment Life for sims 2, so I never got to play with the witch/wizards; they sounded like they had some pretty neat spells. Totally would've had an evil witch. OH YEAH. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sue, I think it was Wyatt. :)

    @Kaleeko, you could even switch their alignment. A good witch could slowly go evil by doing neutral stuff and then working their way to evil.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.