Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A little tragedy for me


I'm not a happy camper, and I won't be able to post any blog updates for a few days. After that ... well, keep your fingers crossed for me.

First I couldn't save any sims to the bin, and I couldn't upload any sims or item types (with one or two exeptions to the items). Oddly, I could save and upload lots. I hated it, but I played that way for a few months until I could afford a new graphics card that meets specs, and maxed out my RAM.

I was in sim heaven for a few days, but without warning or rhyme or reason, I can no longer save any sim to the bin OR to the library - that means no new CAS-made sims for me EVER. Can you imagine how awful to be condemned to only play with townies for ever? I began having worse and worse graphics problems, too. Sure, once inside the game it was prettier, and the thumbnails actually started showing up, but it took longer and longer to load the graphics.

For several minutes, everything would be fuzzy and the lot would be floating in a sea of blue nothingness, the items would show up slowly and then they were grey, and the sims were invisible. (It was kind of funny watching plates float through the air and books turn their own pages. I wanted to take videos, but the graphics always "caught up" before I could). This happened all over again ever time I moved the camera to a new lot.

Anyway, I made copies of my saved games and uninstalled everything, and THEN, stupid me, I discoved that my serial number isn't where it was supposed to be, so I can't reinstall.

Until I find it, I'll be like a junkie going through withdrawal. I might have to play The Sims 2 or Spore for a few days.

4 comments:

  1. :-( I hope you find that code. While I don't generally do much of creating my own Sims, I know it's a vital part of the game for some people.

    For the record, my computer does take a little pause when loading a lot. First the furniture pops in, then the textures get mapped and then the Sims get their features updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible Sue. Keep looking. It has to be there somewhere. I used to write the code on the disk in sims 2 and haven't done that on sims 3 but I better do that now before I lose mine.
    I know there is a way to find the code in your computer but don't know how. I have seen the way to find it posted on the forum. I'll go there and see if I can find that information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I searched the forum and couldn't find that post I saw a while back. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,

    What a loss! Hopefully you'll recover sooner than later. Keep us advised as to your situation. OK!

    Don (Muleskinner)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.