Saturday, October 10, 2009

I notice the little things in my game

I think it's funny watching how the AI and story progression make things happen, and how it sometimes doesn't sync up 100% but is still fascinating. Zayne Hunter rolled a wish to chat with Wayne Garth, so I made her call him on the cell phone. Just as they began talking, I saw him running by her house. He kept on running, but I could tell he was talking to her because the friendship plus sign kept appearing over his head and their relationship bar was increasing. He ran to the pool, and when he got there, he finally stopped and took out the phone. I guess he had one of those earphone things to use when he runs.

Lately I've also been noticing little details like when they read a book their eyes move back and forth across the page, and their footsteps made different sounds depending on what surface they're walking on, and at night you can hear owls. I keep noticing new things to love about this game.

5 comments:

  1. I like zooming in and seeing what is really going on with them. So it's a little ear thing. I've been trying to see if the sim on the other end was really on the phone and never was able to catch that.
    Darn, there was something I noticed today for the first time, and wanted to tell all of you but now I forgot what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that they move around in bed a bit more at night now. In Sims 2, once they settled for the night, they could sleep in the same position for hours on end. Now they move around, turn over in the night etc.

    And it is cool knowing that if the camera is outside one of the workplaces at certain times, you can see other Sims arriving for work or returning home again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love those things too! Much more realistic. And it just gets me when lovers spoon in bed. It's so adorable.

    I agree, it's fun to zoom in on the rabbit holes. Have you ever listened to them? In school you can hear different classes being taught, including a chemistry class where the teacher accidentally blows something up and the class laughs at him. At the criminal warehouse, you can sometimes hear a guy doing a Jimmy Cagney impression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After you teach a toddler to talk, send a teen or older to talk to them. I just hit that animation and it is adorable! They stand holding the little one and sway back and forth while talking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to listen in on the rabbit holes more.
    I love the talk to toddler.
    I also love how when you sim is talking with a sim, the sims standing nearby will act like they are listening and when sims do something the other sims actually notice.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.