Sunday, August 22, 2010

Well, hello there.

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Hi, guys! Wow, what a lot of new faces. I'm not exactly "back" yet; I just wanted to poke my head in the door and wave hello.

Back in something - January, February, who remembers? - I was hospitalized for a while for high blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat. When I got home, I didn't feel like playing games for a while. Also, I've lost my CD key and, until I find it or buy a new copy, I won't be playing.

Besides, being without the Sims has done two things, neither of them good for me. (heh). It cooled my Sims Fever (actually, I guess that IS good), and it forced me to find other gaming outlets. So I've been playing stuff on the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, which is all new to me and weird, and MMORPGs on the PC. The really bad news? Dungeons and Dragons Online, the MMO version of a couple of generations of gaming geeks' secret obsession, finally went free-to-play. I'm doomed. So far, I at least remember to take regular bathroom breaks and sleep breaks, although I don't bother to stop for food. LOL.

Off to read some blogs ...

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I guess I'd be considered a new face, so, HI!

    MMOs are dangerous, but I actually use the Sims to keep my MMO obsession in check. I find if I split my time between the two games, I actually spend less time playing altogether. However, I tend to be an anomaly.

    Anyhow, good to put some writing to a name (I've been looking at the sidebar for the past couple weeks going 'Hm, I wonder who that is!'), hope to see you around and about. Glad that you're feeling healthy enough to play again. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!!! It's so good to hear from you. Sad to hear about the health problems though. You have been missed. Your blogging has been missed too. I'm glad to know you are better.
    I know there is a way to get your number through EA help but don't know exactly how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue!!! I'm so happy you poked your head in! Do it more often, if you can!

    I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. But, glad to know you're doing well and enjoying yourself. MMO's are so addictive. I just went back to one and I'm hooked, again. A free MMO based on D & D? Dang, that does sound good.

    Dee is right, there's a way you can recover your Cd key when you're ready to play Sims, again.

    We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, it's good to hear from you.

    Those were serious health issues, I'm glad you're better now.

    D&D online...that sounds highly dangerous. I have some of the Dungeon Master books from way back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. PiB - I knew you would have your old manuals!

    PiB and Chrysame - if you ever decide to check it out, let me know and I'll help you get your feet wet. I joined a roleplaying guild and I love it.

    Chrysame - which one? Though I ought not to ask, because the last thing I need is one more game obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep Sue, I have the Player's Handbook, DM guide and the first Monster Manual from the Advanced D&D set. They decided not to bother with Advanced after awhile. :)

    Good to know someone to work with in a MMORPG - I tried World of Warcraft via a 2 week trial period and never went back. That one helps a lot to have a group for missions.

    I do have a Guild Wars account but haven't felt like playing it for awhile. I actually enjoy ones written so you can work offline if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Heroes. It's new expansion pack, Going Rogue just hit. I played for four years and was taking a long break. Now, I'm hooked, again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sue! I'm one of the newbie around here :) But, I'm also a follower in one your blogs. I'm looking forward to reading more if you update it.

    I'm glad to hear that you are better now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.