Monday, December 21, 2009

I made it back.

We lost power Friday night about the same time we lost internet service. Our power was back by Saturday morning. We were lucky. Thousands have been without power. Many still are. The snow is still on the ground and my internet just came back on a few minutes ago. We ended up with 15 inches of snow. We live on a road that is not state owned so it doesn't get plowed and neither do about 3 more that I have to travel to get to the main road. I'm going to try to make it to work tomorrow. I think these back roads will be clear enough by then. It's going to take me awhile to catch up to every one.

Thank goodness for Sims. I started a new game with the same sims plus some surprises. Three days of sims and I have lots of sims to post about.

Hello everyone. Hope this internet is back on for good now. Missed you all.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you. I finally get back online and it's time to go to bed. See ya later though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's back! I was getting worried about you. I'm glad you had the Sims to keep you occupied.

    Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for getting your power and internet back! I thought you must have been taken offline by the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still bad here but the main roads are clear. Just got to get to them.

    I started yet another new game over the weekend. I didn't like how things were going when I didn't delete any of the Riverview sims.

    I think you will all like what is happening. The sims get to choose who they are with, but they have to choose from our sims. I didn't realize how many sims I had downloaded until I tried this.

    I'm going to try to go to work today, although I'll be going late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make it into work, Dee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, no work for me today. There are several areas that create problems here. There is one that just doesn't get any sun, has a hill and a curve right in the middle of it. It never gets scraped. If you don't have 4 wheel drive it can be very dangerous. I don't have 4 wheel drive. I chickened out. Yep, I'm a wimp. They understand at work, thankfully. I did get the snow cleaned off my truck this morning though. Only took me 45 minutes. The back of the truck is still full of snow. Times like this, I wish I lived closer to the main roads.
    Guess, I'll just blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet there's a lot of people in your situation, Dee. Wise decision to stay home. Besides, that means I get Dee Blog updates! Yay!! *flails happily like Kermit the Frog*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imagining a human looking and acting like Kermie is just hilarious. You always make me laugh.

    How's the FIL?

    Yes, there are a lot of people still not going anywhere. Some at work live higher up in these mountains and still can't get to work. One who was at work when this started, who would have left Sunday night is still there because her home is higher up and she can get out of work but not home. Some still don't have power.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.