Saturday, July 24, 2010

My goodness what a frustrating morning

So I go ahead and finally update to the latest patch.

Problem 1 - the icon for High-End Loft is gray ???
I go to reinstall it and it says the base game is incompatible - it's too new.

Right so I start the game - and it freezes trying to load one of my saves.
Force Quit and try again. Same result.

Brain finally kicks in and says 'Hey, maybe Twallan's older mods aren't compatible with this patch' Yep, brain was correct. Taking out mods == load ok.

So I went forth and downloaded the new MasterController, StoryProgression, StoryProgression extras, The Dresser, and Dreamer. Try again and yes it all starts.

Oh, and I can see and use high-end loft items too. They are in buy mode, and there's at least one in the house.

4 comments:

  1. Does the new patch fix your store content problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, what a day.
    Yes, I want to know too. Did it fix your store problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no store stuff at this time.

    I went to the Ea help and found their lovely suggestion for no store content was to uninstall everything and do it again. I wasn't too happy about that to start with and now if I try it, I may just lose high end loft which is not acceptable.

    I also seem to have lost all my extra hair colours except the grey I did for Sam. So I'll have to save Thomas's ginger and Rachel's plum again. Minor though.

    Chrysame, Twallan's dreamer is nice. It means that if you can fill a small unlocked want, they get the points for it. Plus locked wants in inactive households get points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...darn. I'm glad you got the other things working but still no store.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to us. Please.